Fashion Tall Fashion Reviews

My First ‘Tall’ Outfit

LTS Outfit-4327May I introduce; my first outfit ever from a tall shop. I am very excited to show you the two pieces I got my hands on at Long Tall Sally in London earlier this month, after being a bit reluctant with shopping ‘tall’ brands.

Thanks to the positive experiences I read about on other tall blogs, I decided to give tall shops another go, andย I am very pleased that I did; such long sleeves! Such long pants! ๐Ÿ™‚

The first piece is a pair of black high-rise, boot-cut black pants, perfect for the office.
I haven’t worn anything with a high-rise like this for years, but for a work outfit, I don’t mind, plus it makes my legs look even longer than they already are. Not sure if I would choose a rise this high for jeans though.
LTS Outfit-4304
The length of these pants is just ridiculous (in a positive way): I actually really need to wear heels with it.ย I tried flats, but it almost reaches the ground!
LTS Outfit-4306
Then the blouse: I love Love LOVE the radiant color. I’ve had a crush on this magenta / pink color for a while now. And look how perfect it matches with my new necklace!
LTS Outfit-4305
The blouse has concealed buttons and ย is made of polyester, which makes it very light and breezy to wear, butย means I have to be picky with what I am wearing underneath it.
On the flip-side,ย it saves the hobbit me an ironing job. ๐Ÿ™‚
LTS Outfit-4330
This is the outfit in full; even with my leg up, it still reaches halfway down the heel.LTS Outfit-4328

Paired with my Smythsonย Elliot Tote, it’s the perfect work outfit.
My recently bought pink Smythson tote is a slightly different shade of pink than the blouse, so my white tote works better. (I just can’t get over those sleeves. So long.)
LTS Outfit-4310

I will start wearing this outfit when the temperature drops;
it’s too warm for black pants at the moment. I am quite sure this outfit will see the office loads come September though.
LTS Outfit-4327As you can imagine, I am a happy tall girl and my next trip to a Long Tall Sally shop is lined up in a few weeks. I am going to travel to Germany for this (which is only 2 hours away from here) as there are no LTS shops in NL, but that’s not all I am going to do there. Very excited about this trip, which I will report back on early September!

6 Comments

tallfashionadventures
    14 August 2015 at 19:46

Absolutely adore the color of the blouse and the fit of both the blouse and pants are so perfect. I’m glad you gave “tall” clothing a second chance. Tall shops can sometimes be hit or miss but overall, I find I love (and wear) my tall pieces much more than my non-tall pieces. Sounds like an interesting trip you have planned for September. I shall stay tuned to see what it’s all about. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tall Wife
      15 August 2015 at 13:16

Thanks! I am happy I gave it retry too, also thanks your blog! ๐Ÿ™‚

tallfashionadventures
    14 August 2015 at 21:34

I also meant to say that I love that handbag! I’m in dire need of a new one (or 2 or 5). ๐Ÿ™‚

Tall Wife
      15 August 2015 at 13:19

It’s one my fav bags! I love it. The only downside is that the white leather is quite vulnerable, so the back has a few grey-ish transfer stains on it, just from holding it against darker clothing. That’s what happens when you wear something I guess. But it’s the perfect size, and I find a really classy bag personally. I agree, you can never have enough bags. ๐Ÿ˜‰

eliseandlife1
    15 August 2015 at 08:57

Wow I can’t believe that’s your first trip to a tall store, Long Tall Sally is my lifeline for clothing! You look fantastic, I love what you’ve chosen. Out of curiosity, where do you normally find suitable clothing? Are there any brands that work naturally for someone tall? In the ‘regular’ stores I usually go up a few sizes in things like shirts, sweaters etc but I think all my jeans are LTS ๐Ÿ™‚

Tall Wife
      15 August 2015 at 13:39

Thank you for stopping by, Elise!

Normally, my shopping strategy is just trial and error really. I have found Diesel does very long jeans (my post on that you will find here: http://wp.me/p5vjpK-3C), and I wear a lot of dresses and skirts so I can cheat a little bit with length (not too much though, as it needs to remain office proof), from various brands. Generally, Karen Millen dresses work well on me; I have 3 of them. I also have a few pieces from tiny boutiques that I just ran too and which just happened to fit.

I live in The Netherlands, and I have the (very non-scientifically proven) theory that I might be in luck with that as people here generally are taller, so it might be easier for me to find longer clothing at Dutch shops (though I hardly shop there). Collections they sell in shops like H&M, Zara, Mango, etc. are the same in NL as in the rest of the EU, and even the US I guess; I don’t think they make the garments longer just for NL.

What I also do sometimes is choose skinny pants with 4/5 length legs, or tops with 3/4 lentgh arms, as those lengths are easy to cheat with too. ๐Ÿ™‚

So I don’t know, apart from trying, trying, trying, I do not have a specific shop strategy, though Tall shops will get more visits from me from now on. ๐Ÿ™‚