With August around the corner, the weeks of wandering about in the UK have come to an end as well. Though we have a few nice weekends coming up, we have no long holidays planned now until the end of the year, so it’s back to business when I return to NL. Before that, I want to look back at my favourite July moments.
1. My tall shop inauguration at Long Tall Sally
This was quite exciting; never seen so many long sleeves and long trousers in one shop!
2. I discovered 3 great new white wines that I love.
At home, I usually drink a South African Tokara Sauvignon Blanc that we discovered during a wine tour in Stellenbosch two years ago, but these three needed to be added to the future wine cellar:
1. An English (!!) wine we discovered at Stoke Park; The 2014 Chapel Down Bacchus
2. An Italian white to which I was introduced in Piemonte; the Gavi di Gavi
3. A very dry, delish white Bordeaux from France; the Chateau Guiraud 2013
3. I tracked my 200th run along the stunning Thames river in Marlow.
Not a bad place to celebrate this milestone.
4. I spent some time dreaming about future houses during a Thames cruise.
Now all that is left to do is winning the lottery.
5. I got to play Bond Girl for an evening during a lovely dinner at Stoke Park
Though I think I’d make a better Moneypenny.
6. I am very pleased with my July Tall Fashion Finds
1. My Little White dress
2. My high-heeled Sandals to go with the above
3. My stunning Smythson Tote
4. My outfit from Long Tall Sally, which will be on the blog soon!
August will be quite normal; back to work on Monday. Next weekend we will be back in the UK for a weekend with the in-laws in the Lake District, which I will tell you all about. I will also write some posts on my recent visits to Marlow and London, plus there are a few very exciting things coming which I can’t say much about just yet, so keep checking in occasionally! 🙂